STEPS TO BECOMING A LEADER
A simple definition of leadership,is the art of motivating a group of people, toward a common goal. It is important to us at the Youth Inclusive Initiative, that you are on the right path to leadership. Here are some tips to guide you on that path.
- Do your homework,study leaders you admire , world leaders, writers, leaders in your field of work and so on. How do they influence people, what can you learn from their leadership style?
- Self Reflect; make a list of your talents, connections and goals. How do all of these strengths combine to support you as a leader.
- Identify an issue you are passionate about,what concern do you see in the world,that hasn’t been addressed
- Take notes on how others have responded to this issue in the past, what can you improve in your method.
- Build confidence; take time to practice self care,do something everyday, that takes you out of your comfort zone. Take care of yourself,in order to be the best version of you.
- Do regular self evaluation,part of being a leader is being able to lead yourself,how can you improve yourself everyday?
- Keep learning: continue to acquire more knowledge on the problem/issue you want to solve.
Kindly leave your comments and questions.